Friday, March 20, 2009

First day of spring!

Hello! I'm back! Today was the first day of spring and me and my dear father went to my ancestral province of Friesland to buy some trees to plant and have a general l@@k around. To the left is an adorable little village we stopped in with a canal and nice little bridges and also pictured in the lower left corner is part of our Volvo V40 station wagon.

Hooboy :) Anyway as I said today was the first day of spring and it was a whopping 12 degrees centigrade and sunny as hell. Where was I? Oh yeah I went to Friesland with my dad and on our way we stopped at these neolithic burial things made of glacial boulders that you can see on the right (i cropped out my dad because it's probably not cool to put your dad on the web).
To the left is the main square in the capital of Friesland, Leeuwarden, where I took this picture of its really crooked church tower. It was originally planned to be much higher than this but during construction they gave up because of how wonky looking it was.

Back home, some ducks have been walking around our garden as of late, I managed to take a picture of them as they were foraging in the early morning. Aren't they cute??

This shot I took just now at dusk. Pictured is one of my favorite trees, a lonely birch whose leaves rustle loudly whenever there's a small breeze, which makes for a nice effect in quiet evenings.

I hope you have enjoyed my little report. Blog ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment